The Competence Network Complementary Medicine in Oncology (KOKON) has been established to develop, implement and evaluate an interdisciplinary competence network in the field of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in oncology. Main aims are to provide high-quality information on existing practices and set goals for the future as well as to assess, appraise and disseminate the evidence base to patients, healthcare providers and advisers.
The project funded by the German Cancer Aid is organized in eight closely linked work packages. These work packages are aimed at:
- analyzing the needs and offers of CAM information for cancer patients and for healthcare professionals
- developing and informaiton platform for CAM
- developing an expert consulting service for CAM in cancer and evaluate the service
- developing and evaluate tailored CAM education programs for healthcare professionals and cancer survivors
- presenting an ethical framework of CAM in oncology.